- Entries for special Silver Jubilee parade close on 30 June
- What does the colour of your car say about you?
Latest research suggests that those driving silver cars are cool, calm and elegant – what’s more they can also be part of history at this summer’s Silverstone Classic (24-26 July).
The World’s Biggest Classic Motor Racing Festival is celebrating its 25th anniversary this summer and the celebrations include a special Silver Jubilee track cavalcade. The dazzling birthday parade is open to everyone with a silver car: old or new.
Hundreds of the UK’s 7.25 million silver cars have already registered – others have until the end of June to join those already taking to the hallowed Silverstone Grand Prix circuit at lunchtime on Silver Sunday at the Classic.
Silver cars aren’t just the most popular on Britain’s roads but they also say a lot about their owners. Analysis carried out in the US suggests those opting for silvery paintwork tend to be ‘calm, cool, elegant, futuristic and possibly detached’. Those choosing green paintwork are trustworthy, red are dynamic, white are fastidious and blue are dependable.
Here’s a full list of what research shows the colour of your car says about you:
- Silver: You are calm, cool, elegant, futuristic and possibly detached
- White: You are fastidious, enjoy a simple life, have a strong attention to detail and are possibly a perfectionist
- Green: You are trustworthy, traditional and balanced, but can also be lively and occasionally hysterical
- Brown/Beige: You are practical, reliable, down-to-earth and pragmatic.
- Yellow: You are upbeat, intelligent and young at heart
- Grey: You are calm, sober and very career-driven
- Blue: You are confident, quiet and dependable
- Red: You are energetic, dynamic and have a lust for life
- Pink: You are gentle, loving and caring
- Black: You are conservative, empowered, elegant and professional
- Purple: You are creative, unafraid of stepping outside of the norm and happy to be seen as unique
Owners of silver cars now have until midnight on 30 June to register for the Silver Jubilee parade. Participation in this milestone occasion costs just £25 – appropriately – on top of general admission tickets. Other benefits include a dedicated infield ‘Silver Zone’ parking and a special 25th anniversary car sticker.
All tickets for the 25th anniversary Silverstone Classic must be purchased in advance. Adult admission starts from £40 and ticket prices include booking fees, parking, access to paddocks, infield, grandstands, live music (this year topped by rock legends Status Quo) and the vast majority of the numerous attractions. Full details – together with hospitality packages and weekend festival camping – can be found on the official website: www.SilverstoneClassic.com.